- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2014
- Price as of 08/31/2014 :$24.57
- Net Assets:$2,007.7 Million
- Peer Rank:3 of 20
- Investment Rating:A
We rate Cohen&Steers Infrastructure Fund at A. Positive factors that influence this rating include a well above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 77% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Utilities strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks very high in comparison with peers over the last three years. The Cohen&Steers Infrastructure Fund has returned an annual rate of 10.42% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 21.86% in the last five years, 24.13% in the last three years, and 39.45% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 94% of them. It has also outpaced 89% of its competitors on a three year basis and 94% of them over the last year for the period ending 8/31/2014. On a year to date basis, UTF has returned 22.90%.
Downside risk has been below average. UTF has a draw down risk of -12.83%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 15.1%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $24.57, which is 0.0% below its 52-week high of $24.57 and 9.7% above its 52-week low of $22.40.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $2.01 billion, UTF maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Utilities peers of 2.23% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As UTF is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Manager tenure and performance record are net positives. Substandard fund managers tend to be replaced, so a long tenure is usually a good sign that a fund is achieving its objectives. The Cohen&Steers Infrastructure Fund has been managed by Robert S. Becker for the last 10 years. Over that period, the manager was able to capture more actual gains in excess of the expected return than 96% of other fund managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV