- Last Ratings Update:02/28/2015
- Price as of 02/28/2015 :$17.90
- Net Assets:$142.3 Million
- Peer Rank:29 of 29
- Investment Rating:D
We rate THL Credit Senior Loan at D. Negative factors that influence this rating include a well below average total return. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The THL Credit Senior Loan has returned an annual rate of -0.33% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 5.48% in the last year, 4.44% in the last six months, and 4.25% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 48% of them for the period ending 2/28/2015. On a year to date basis, TSL has returned 6.38%.
Downside risk has been above average. TSL has a draw down risk of -49.33%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 7.9%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 2/28/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $17.90, which is 2.4% below its 52-week high of $18.34 and 131.3% above its 52-week low of $7.74.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $142.30 million, TSL maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As TSL is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV