- Last Ratings Update:03/31/2015
- Price as of 03/31/2015 :$18.63
- Net Assets:$142.3 Million
- Peer Rank:21 of 29
- Investment Rating:C-
We rate THL Credit Senior Loan at C-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The THL Credit Senior Loan has returned an annual rate of 2.82% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 11.75% in the last year, 11.28% in the last six months, and 11.81% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 69% of them for the period ending 3/31/2015. On a year to date basis, TSL has returned 12.73%.
Downside risk has been above average. TSL has a draw down risk of -49.33%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 8.8%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 3/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $18.63, which is 27.3% below its 52-week high of $14.63 and 140.7% above its 52-week low of $7.74.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $142.30 million, TSL maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As TSL is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV