- Last Ratings Update:06/30/2015
- Price as of 06/30/2015 :$5.15
- Net Assets:$283.83 Million
- Peer Rank:73 of 112
- Investment Rating:C
We rate TCW Strategic Income Fund at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 90% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The TCW Strategic Income Fund has returned an annual rate of 8.62% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 11.66% in the last five years, 6.17% in the last three years, and -2.48% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 70% of them. It has also outpaced 55% of its competitors on a three year basis and 40% of them over the last year for the period ending 6/30/2015. On a year to date basis, TSI has returned -2.55%.
Downside risk has been below average. TSI has a draw down risk of -13.74%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 9.0%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 6/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $5.15, which is 5.7% below its 52-week high of $5.46 and 0.0% above its 52-week low of $5.15.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $283.84 million, TSI maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of just 0.87% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As TSI is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV