- Last Ratings Update:05/31/2014
- Price as of 05/31/2014 :$16.02
- Net Assets:$48.5 Million
- Peer Rank:268 of 280
- Investment Rating:E
We rate ProShares UltraShort Real Estate at E. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The ProShares UltraShort Real Estate has returned an annual rate of -42.67% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -43.01% in the last five years, -28.19% in the last three years, and -21.78% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 0% of them. It has also outpaced 3% of its competitors on a three year basis and 4% of them over the last year for the period ending 5/31/2014. On a year to date basis, SRS has returned -25.80%.
Downside risk has been above average. SRS has a draw down risk of -60.28%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 31.7%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 5/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $16.02, which is 6.7% below its 52-week high of $17.17 and 0.3% above its 52-week low of $15.98.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $48.50 million, SRS maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of 0.95% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As SRS is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The ProShares UltraShort Real Estate is managed by Charles Lowery at ProShare Advisors LLC. This fund is one of 144 ProShare Advisors LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 6/19/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades