- Last Ratings Update:12/31/2014
- Price as of 12/31/2014 :$54.13
- Net Assets:$19.3 Million
- Peer Rank:6 of 40
- Investment Rating:D+
We rate UBS E-TRACS S&P 500 Gold Hedged at D+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Precious Metals strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The UBS E-TRACS S&P 500 Gold Hedged has returned an annual rate of 17.40% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 7.01% in the last three years, 10.94% in the last year, and -9.03% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 44% of them. It has also outpaced 64% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 12/31/2014. On a year to date basis, SPGH has returned 10.94%.
Downside risk has been below average. SPGH has a draw down risk of -27.75%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 25.6%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 12/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $54.13, which is 11.4% below its 52-week high of $61.11 and 70.0% above its 52-week low of $31.84.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $19.30 million, SPGH maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Sector - Precious Metals peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As SPGH is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The UBS E-TRACS S&P 500 Gold Hedged is managed by a team at UBS Global Asset Mgmt (Americas) In. This fund is one of 33 UBS Global Asset Mgmt (Americas) In exchange-traded funds launched since 12/15/1972 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV