- Last Ratings Update:10/31/2013
- Price as of 10/31/2013 :$59.21
- Net Assets:$18.2 Million
- Peer Rank:116 of 272
- Investment Rating:B
We rate Market Vectors Retail ETF at B. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end mutual funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The Market Vectors Retail ETF has returned an annual rate of 30.02% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 35.96% in the last year, 15.84% in the last six months, and 5.97% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 89% of them for the period ending 10/31/2013. On a year to date basis, RTH has returned 35.30%.
Downside risk has been below average. RTH has a draw down risk of -4.32%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 11.5%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 10/31/2013, the fund was trading at a price of $59.21, which is 0.3% below its 52-week high of $59.36 and 8.8% above its 52-week low of $54.42.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $18.20 million, RTH maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of just 0.35% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As RTH is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Market Vectors Retail ETF is managed by George Cao at Van Eck Associates Corporation. This fund is one of 53 Van Eck Associates Corporation exchange-traded funds launched since 5/16/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades