- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2014
- Price as of 08/31/2014 :$77.17
- Net Assets:$12.9 Million
- Peer Rank:201 of 284
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Direxion Daily Retail Bull 3X at C. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a well above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 34% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth - Domestic strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks very high in comparison with peers over the last three years. The Direxion Daily Retail Bull 3X has returned an annual rate of 58.84% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 69.04% in the last three years, 43.57% in the last year, and 11.44% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 99% of them. It has also outpaced 96% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 8/31/2014. On a year to date basis, RETL has returned 1.90%.
Downside risk has been above average. RETL has a draw down risk of -63.42%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 37.0%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $77.17, which is 0.6% below its 52-week high of $77.66 and 28.2% above its 52-week low of $60.20.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $12.90 million, RETL maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Growth - Domestic peers of 0.95% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As RETL is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Direxion Daily Retail Bull 3X is managed by Paul Brigandi at Rafferty Asset Management LLC. This fund is one of 57 Rafferty Asset Management LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 11/5/2008 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV