- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2015
- Price as of 08/31/2015 :$5.21
- Net Assets:$876.41 Million
- Peer Rank:13 of 29
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate Voya Prime Rate Trust at C+. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Voya Prime Rate Trust has returned an annual rate of 5.47% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 4.60% in the last five years, 1.98% in the last three years, and 0.00% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 42% of them. It has also outpaced 45% of its competitors on a three year basis and 0% of them over the last year for the period ending 8/31/2015. On a year to date basis, PPR has returned 1.21%.
Downside risk has been below average. PPR has a draw down risk of -22.01%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.3%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $5.21, which is 4.4% below its 52-week high of $5.45 and 12.8% above its 52-week low of $4.62.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $876.41 million, PPR maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 2.09% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As PPR is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas