- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2014
- Price as of 01/31/2014 :$54.13
- Net Assets:$262.5 Million
- Peer Rank:10 of 280
- Investment Rating:A+
We rate Market Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF at A+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end mutual funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The Market Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF has returned an annual rate of 24.80% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 28.99% in the last year, 12.90% in the last six months, and 8.38% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 92% of them for the period ending 1/31/2014. On a year to date basis, PPH has returned 1.92%.
Downside risk has been below average. PPH has a draw down risk of -5.18%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 9.3%. This fund has had a low level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 1/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $54.13, which is 3.2% below its 52-week high of $55.94 and 3.1% above its 52-week low of $52.49.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $262.50 million, PPH maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of just 0.35% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As PPH is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Market Vectors Pharmaceutical ETF is managed by George Cao at Van Eck Associates Corporation. This fund is one of 53 Van Eck Associates Corporation exchange-traded funds launched since 5/16/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades