- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2014
- Price as of 01/31/2014 :$18.66
- Net Assets:$139.7 Million
- Peer Rank:13 of 43
- Investment Rating:D
We rate iShares MSCI Gl Met&MP at D. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Precious Metals strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to poor start in the last year. The iShares MSCI Gl Met&MP has returned an annual rate of -13.58% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -15.94% in the last year, 5.77% in the last six months, and -5.62% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 14% of them for the period ending 1/31/2014. On a year to date basis, PICK has returned -6.68%.
Downside risk has been below average. PICK has a draw down risk of -30.55%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 22.6%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 1/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $18.66, which is 6.7% below its 52-week high of $20.00 and 2.0% above its 52-week low of $18.30.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $139.70 million, PICK maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Sector - Precious Metals peers of just 0.39% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As PICK is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The iShares MSCI Gl Met&MP is managed by Jennifer F.Y. Hsui at BlackRock Fund Advisors. This fund is one of 300 BlackRock Fund Advisors exchange-traded funds launched since 3/12/1996 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades