- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$10.68
- Net Assets:$123.63 Million
- Peer Rank:4 of 14
- Investment Rating:C
We rate PCM Fund at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 98% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a General Mortgage strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The PCM Fund has returned an annual rate of 8.35% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 13.55% in the last five years, 9.10% in the last three years, and -2.47% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 69% of them. It has also outpaced 55% of its competitors on a three year basis and 25% of them over the last year for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, PCM has returned 3.80%.
Downside risk has been below average. PCM has a draw down risk of -20.81%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.6%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $10.68, which is 0.0% below its 52-week high of $10.68 and 1.8% above its 52-week low of $10.49.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $123.63 million, PCM maintains a high expense ratio compared to its General Mortgage peers of 1.89% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As PCM is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Manager tenure and performance record are net positives. Substandard fund managers tend to be replaced, so a long tenure is usually a good sign that a fund is achieving its objectives. The PCM Fund has been managed by Daniel J. Ivascyn for the last 14 years. Over that period, the manager was able to capture more actual gains in excess of the expected return than 79% of other fund managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV