- Last Ratings Update:02/28/2014
- Price as of 02/28/2014 :$7.34
- Net Assets:$208.4 Million
- Peer Rank:85 of 117
- Investment Rating:D-
We rate PowerShares Wilder Clean Energy at D-. Negative factors that influence this rating include a well below average total return. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The PowerShares Wilder Clean Energy has returned an annual rate of -7.14% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 6.24% in the last five years, -8.66% in the last three years, and 73.34% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 13% of them. It has also outpaced 12% of its competitors on a three year basis and 98% of them over the last year for the period ending 2/28/2014. On a year to date basis, PBW has returned 14.87%.
Downside risk has been above average. PBW has a draw down risk of -64.44%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 32.7%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 2/28/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $7.34, which is 0.9% below its 52-week high of $7.41 and 19.7% above its 52-week low of $6.13.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $208.40 million, PBW maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of just 0.70% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As PBW is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The PowerShares Wilder Clean Energy is managed by Peter Hubbard at Invesco Powershares Capital Mgmt LL. This fund is one of 111 Invesco Powershares Capital Mgmt LL exchange-traded funds launched since 5/1/2003 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades