- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2014
- Price as of 08/31/2014 :$19.13
- Net Assets:$1,719.49 Million
- Peer Rank:57 of 126
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate AllianzGI NFJ Div Int and Prem Str at C+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 71% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The AllianzGI NFJ Div Int and Prem Str has returned an annual rate of 5.77% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 16.79% in the last five years, 16.10% in the last three years, and 20.52% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 81% of them. It has also outpaced 67% of its competitors on a three year basis and 63% of them over the last year for the period ending 8/31/2014. On a year to date basis, NFJ has returned 13.64%.
Downside risk has been below average. NFJ has a draw down risk of -12.70%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 13.4%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $19.13, which is 0.0% below its 52-week high of $19.13 and 7.2% above its 52-week low of $17.84.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $1.72 billion, NFJ maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of 0.94% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As NFJ is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV