- Last Ratings Update:02/28/2015
- Price as of 02/28/2015 :$16.72
- Net Assets:$1,719.49 Million
- Peer Rank:66 of 116
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate AllianzGI NFJ Div Int and Prem Str at C+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 71% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The AllianzGI NFJ Div Int and Prem Str has returned an annual rate of 4.61% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 10.88% in the last five years, 8.29% in the last three years, and 1.70% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 61% of them. It has also outpaced 56% of its competitors on a three year basis and 38% of them over the last year for the period ending 2/28/2015. On a year to date basis, NFJ has returned 4.50%.
Downside risk has been below average. NFJ has a draw down risk of -16.99%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.1%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 2/28/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $16.72, which is 0.1% below its 52-week high of $16.74 and 5.2% above its 52-week low of $15.90.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $1.72 billion, NFJ maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of just 0.94% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As NFJ is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV