- Last Ratings Update:07/31/2015
- Price as of 07/31/2015 :$15.49
- Net Assets:$159.1 Million
- Peer Rank:28 of 115
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate Western Asset Municipal Partners at C+. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 99% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a Municipal - National strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Western Asset Municipal Partners has returned an annual rate of 6.04% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 6.96% in the last five years, 1.09% in the last three years, and 12.56% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 70% of them. It has also outpaced 38% of its competitors on a three year basis and 91% of them over the last year for the period ending 7/31/2015. On a year to date basis, MNP has returned 7.93%.
Downside risk has been below average. MNP has a draw down risk of -27.43%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.5%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 7/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $15.49, which is 0.6% below its 52-week high of $15.58 and 3.4% above its 52-week low of $14.98.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $159.11 million, MNP maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Municipal - National peers of 1.20% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As MNP is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV