- Last Ratings Update:05/31/2014
- Price as of 05/31/2014 :$14.94
- Net Assets:$146.06 Million
- Peer Rank:54 of 113
- Investment Rating:B-
We rate Western Asset Municipal Partners at B-. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 99% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a Municipal - National strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Western Asset Municipal Partners has returned an annual rate of 5.87% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 10.48% in the last five years, 8.13% in the last three years, and 1.38% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 63% of them. It has also outpaced 69% of its competitors on a three year basis and 26% of them over the last year for the period ending 5/31/2014. On a year to date basis, MNP has returned 11.32%.
Downside risk has been below average. MNP has a draw down risk of -27.43%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 12.0%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 5/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $14.94, which is 0.3% below its 52-week high of $14.98 and 2.3% above its 52-week low of $14.60.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $146.06 million, MNP maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Municipal - National peers of 1.17% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As MNP is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades