- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$42.60
- Net Assets:$2,157.4 Million
- Peer Rank:191 of 276
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate UBS E Tracs Alerian MLP Infrast Idx at C+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The UBS E Tracs Alerian MLP Infrast Idx has returned an annual rate of 17.22% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 17.07% in the last three years, 17.12% in the last year, and 8.33% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 72% of them. It has also outpaced 74% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, MLPI has returned 17.21%.
Downside risk has been below average. MLPI has a draw down risk of -10.65%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 13.0%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $42.60, which is 8.2% below its 52-week high of $46.40 and 14.9% above its 52-week low of $37.06.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $2.16 billion, MLPI maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As MLPI is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The UBS E Tracs Alerian MLP Infrast Idx is managed by a team at UBS Global Asset Mgmt (Americas) In. This fund is one of 32 UBS Global Asset Mgmt (Americas) In exchange-traded funds launched since 12/15/1972 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV