- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$30.38
- Net Assets:$348.5 Million
- Peer Rank:31 of 121
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Kayne Anderson Engy Development Co at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 82% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Kayne Anderson Engy Development Co has returned an annual rate of 9.51% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 23.08% in the last five years, 11.78% in the last three years, and -8.38% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 96% of them. It has also outpaced 64% of its competitors on a three year basis and 16% of them over the last year for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, KED has returned -13.58%.
Downside risk has been below average. KED has a draw down risk of -22.84%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 21.5%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $30.38, which is 2.0% below its 52-week high of $31.00 and 5.7% above its 52-week low of $28.75.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $348.50 million, KED maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 3.40% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As KED is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV