- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$42.31
- Net Assets:$9.8 Million
- Peer Rank:100 of 290
- Investment Rating:B
We rate PowerShares KBW Prop & Casualty Ins at B. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth - Domestic strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The PowerShares KBW Prop & Casualty Ins has returned an annual rate of 16.99% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 10.84% in the last year, 9.71% in the last six months, and 6.75% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 59% of them for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, KBWP has returned 9.59%.
Downside risk has been below average. KBWP has a draw down risk of -7.61%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 13.3%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $42.31, which is 0.0% below its 52-week high of $42.31 and 2.9% above its 52-week low of $41.13.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $9.80 million, KBWP maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth - Domestic peers of just 0.35% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As KBWP is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The PowerShares KBW Prop & Casualty Ins is managed by Michael C. Jeanette at Invesco Powershares Capital Mgmt LL. This fund is one of 115 Invesco Powershares Capital Mgmt LL exchange-traded funds launched since 5/1/2003 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV