- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$22.55
- Net Assets:$123.78 Million
- Peer Rank:5 of 14
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Nuveen Mortgage Opportunity Term 2 at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 82% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a General Mortgage strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Nuveen Mortgage Opportunity Term 2 has returned an annual rate of 7.17% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 7.91% in the last five years, 8.15% in the last three years, and 2.59% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 38% of them. It has also outpaced 52% of its competitors on a three year basis and 40% of them over the last year for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, JMT has returned -0.70%.
Downside risk has been below average. JMT has a draw down risk of -24.48%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.1%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $22.55, which is 1.6% below its 52-week high of $22.92 and 0.7% above its 52-week low of $22.39.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $123.78 million, JMT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its General Mortgage peers of 2.42% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As JMT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV