- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2015
- Price as of 01/31/2015 :$23.04
- Net Assets:$122.19 Million
- Peer Rank:2 of 14
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Nuveen Mortgage Opportunity Term 2 at C. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 82% of its assets in bonds and may be considered for investors seeking a General Mortgage strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Nuveen Mortgage Opportunity Term 2 has returned an annual rate of 7.65% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 10.15% in the last three years, 4.44% in the last year, and 1.57% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 63% of them. It has also outpaced 45% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 1/31/2015. On a year to date basis, JMT has returned 0.00%.
Downside risk has been below average. JMT has a draw down risk of -23.38%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.4%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 1/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $23.04, which is 0.6% below its 52-week high of $23.19 and 2.9% above its 52-week low of $22.40.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $122.19 million, JMT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its General Mortgage peers of 2.38% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As JMT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV