- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2014
- Price as of 01/31/2014 :$16.77
- Net Assets:$53 Million
- Peer Rank:149 of 209
- Investment Rating:D+
We rate PowerShares DB 3x Inv Jpnese Gvt Bd at D+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Global Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to poor start in the last year. The PowerShares DB 3x Inv Jpnese Gvt Bd has returned an annual rate of -8.00% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -8.81% in the last year, -8.06% in the last six months, and -2.61% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 29% of them for the period ending 1/31/2014. On a year to date basis, JGBD has returned -4.72%.
Downside risk has been below average. JGBD has a draw down risk of -15.90%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 8.6%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 1/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $16.77, which is 15.6% below its 52-week high of $19.88 and 2.3% above its 52-week low of $16.40.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $53.00 million, JGBD maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Global Income peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As JGBD is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The PowerShares DB 3x Inv Jpnese Gvt Bd is managed by a team at DB Commodity Services LLC. This fund is one of 23 DB Commodity Services LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 2/3/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades