- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$22.35
- Net Assets:$775 Million
- Peer Rank:24 of 276
- Investment Rating:A+
We rate J Hancock Tax Advantage Div Income at A+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 61% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The J Hancock Tax Advantage Div Income has returned an annual rate of 10.01% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 21.22% in the last five years, 17.13% in the last three years, and 35.21% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 95% of them. It has also outpaced 73% of its competitors on a three year basis and 95% of them over the last year for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, HTD has returned 29.65%.
Downside risk has been below average. HTD has a draw down risk of -16.31%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 11.4%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $22.35, which is 0.2% below its 52-week high of $22.40 and 3.8% above its 52-week low of $21.54.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $775.00 million, HTD maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of 1.59% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As HTD is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV