- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2015
- Price as of 08/31/2015 :$19.68
- Net Assets:$883 Million
- Peer Rank:103 of 271
- Investment Rating:B
We rate J Hancock Tax Advantage Div Income at B. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund invests approximately 61% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The J Hancock Tax Advantage Div Income has returned an annual rate of 8.61% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 12.90% in the last five years, 7.71% in the last three years, and -1.44% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 80% of them. It has also outpaced 68% of its competitors on a three year basis and 62% of them over the last year for the period ending 8/31/2015. On a year to date basis, HTD has returned -9.46%.
Downside risk has been below average. HTD has a draw down risk of -16.31%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 12.8%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $19.68, which is 5.6% below its 52-week high of $20.84 and 4.2% above its 52-week low of $18.88.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $883.00 million, HTD maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of 1.55% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As HTD is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas