- Last Ratings Update:12/31/2014
- Price as of 12/31/2014 :$76.54
- Net Assets:$4,432.9 Million
- Peer Rank:5 of 224
- Investment Rating:A
We rate iShares Core High Dividend at A. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Global Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The iShares Core High Dividend has returned an annual rate of 15.21% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 15.52% in the last three years, 13.79% in the last year, and 2.69% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 71% of them. It has also outpaced 70% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 12/31/2014. On a year to date basis, HDV has returned 13.79%.
Downside risk has been below average. HDV has a draw down risk of -4.11%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.6%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 12/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $76.54, which is 2.5% below its 52-week high of $78.52 and 2.9% above its 52-week low of $74.40.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $4.43 billion, HDV maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Global Income peers of just 0.40% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As HDV is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The iShares Core High Dividend is managed by Diane Hsiung at BlackRock Fund Advisors. This fund is one of 299 BlackRock Fund Advisors exchange-traded funds launched since 3/12/1996 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV