- Last Ratings Update:07/31/2014
- Price as of 07/31/2014 :$25.76
- Net Assets:$497.5 Million
- Peer Rank:37 of 127
- Investment Rating:B-
We rate Global X Guru Index ETF at B-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The Global X Guru Index ETF has returned an annual rate of 31.66% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 14.60% in the last year, 5.71% in the last six months, and 4.05% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 66% of them for the period ending 7/31/2014. On a year to date basis, GURU has returned 0.43%.
Downside risk has been below average. GURU has a draw down risk of -5.00%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 12.0%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 7/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $25.76, which is 3.9% below its 52-week high of $26.80 and 0.0% above its 52-week low of $25.75.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $497.50 million, GURU maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of just 0.75% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As GURU is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Global X Guru Index ETF is managed by Bruno Del Ama at Global X Management Company LLC. This fund is one of 40 Global X Management Company LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 2/5/2009 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades