- Last Ratings Update:07/31/2015
- Price as of 07/31/2015 :$23.02
- Net Assets:$91.4 Million
- Peer Rank:27 of 118
- Investment Rating:D+
We rate IQ Global Resources ETF at D+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high price volatility and short term portfolio management tenure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The IQ Global Resources ETF has returned an annual rate of -0.22% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -2.16% in the last five years, -3.69% in the last three years, and -19.34% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 17% of them. It has also outpaced 19% of its competitors on a three year basis and 15% of them over the last year for the period ending 7/31/2015. On a year to date basis, GRES has returned -13.59%.
Downside risk has been below average. GRES has a draw down risk of -24.33%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 13.7%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 7/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $23.02, which is 9.8% below its 52-week high of $25.53 and 1.7% above its 52-week low of $22.63.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $91.40 million, GRES maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of just 0.75% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As GRES is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The IQ Global Resources ETF is managed by Greg Barrato at New York Life Investment Management. This fund is one of 14 New York Life Investment Management exchange-traded funds launched since 3/24/2009 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV