- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$8.34
- Net Assets:$184.12 Million
- Peer Rank:76 of 121
- Investment Rating:D-
We rate GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust at D-. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust has returned an annual rate of -9.14% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -7.68% in the last three years, -11.71% in the last year, and 0.72% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 13% of them. It has also outpaced 13% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, GNT has returned 7.75%.
Downside risk has been above average. GNT has a draw down risk of -50.13%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 23.1%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $8.34, which is 1.8% below its 52-week high of $8.49 and 4.6% above its 52-week low of $7.97.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $184.12 million, GNT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 1.25% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As GNT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV