- Last Ratings Update:10/31/2015
- Price as of 10/31/2015 :$6.21
- Net Assets:$184.12 Million
- Peer Rank:71 of 117
- Investment Rating:E+
We rate GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust at E+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust has returned an annual rate of -12.60% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -17.45% in the last three years, -20.83% in the last year, and -21.40% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 7% of them. It has also outpaced 13% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 10/31/2015. On a year to date basis, GNT has returned -15.31%.
Downside risk has been above average. GNT has a draw down risk of -63.14%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 25.4%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 10/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $6.21, which is 6.6% below its 52-week high of $6.65 and 9.5% above its 52-week low of $5.67.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $184.12 million, GNT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 1.25% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As GNT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas