- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2014
- Price as of 08/31/2014 :$11.48
- Net Assets:$229.67 Million
- Peer Rank:93 of 116
- Investment Rating:E+
We rate GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust at E+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The GAMCO Nat Res Gold & Income Trust has returned an annual rate of -4.40% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -1.52% in the last three years, 5.28% in the last year, and 7.76% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 15% of them. It has also outpaced 19% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 8/31/2014. On a year to date basis, GNT has returned 20.34%.
Downside risk has been above average. GNT has a draw down risk of -39.16%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 25.6%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $11.48, which is 1.5% below its 52-week high of $11.65 and 3.1% above its 52-week low of $11.13.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $229.67 million, GNT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 1.22% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As GNT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV