- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$82.01
- Net Assets:$91.4 Million
- Peer Rank:238 of 275
- Investment Rating:D-
We rate Guggenheim Japanese Yen Trust at D-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Negative factors that influence this rating include a well below average total return. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Non-US Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The Guggenheim Japanese Yen Trust has returned an annual rate of -0.11% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -5.66% in the last five years, -13.41% in the last three years, and -13.98% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 8% of them. It has also outpaced 7% of its competitors on a three year basis and 8% of them over the last year for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, FXY has returned -11.59%.
Downside risk has been above average. FXY has a draw down risk of -36.49%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.8%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $82.01, which is 4.6% below its 52-week high of $85.97 and 0.0% above its 52-week low of $81.97.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $91.40 million, FXY maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Non-US Equity peers of just 0.40% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As FXY is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Guggenheim Japanese Yen Trust is managed by David C. Kwan at Guggenheim Investments. This fund is one of 30 Guggenheim Investments exchange-traded funds launched since 4/24/2003 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV