- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$84.02
- Net Assets:$20.7 Million
- Peer Rank:89 of 116
- Investment Rating:C-
We rate ProShares UltraPro Financials at C-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The ProShares UltraPro Financials has returned an annual rate of 85.24% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 43.47% in the last year, 30.80% in the last six months, and 14.81% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 97% of them for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, FINU has returned 35.78%.
Downside risk has been above average. FINU has a draw down risk of -54.40%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 22.7%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $84.02, which is 1.4% below its 52-week high of $85.20 and 8.0% above its 52-week low of $77.80.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $20.70 million, FINU maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of just 0.95% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As FINU is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The ProShares UltraPro Financials is managed by Charles Lowery at ProShare Advisors LLC. This fund is one of 146 ProShare Advisors LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 6/19/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV