- Last Ratings Update:02/28/2015
- Price as of 02/28/2015 :$54.29
- Net Assets:$2,604.5 Million
- Peer Rank:78 of 288
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF at C+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility, low expense structure and long term portfolio management tenure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Non-US Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF has returned an annual rate of 4.22% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 5.87% in the last five years, 9.12% in the last three years, and -1.89% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 33% of them. It has also outpaced 59% of its competitors on a three year basis and 26% of them over the last year for the period ending 2/28/2015. On a year to date basis, EFV has returned 6.39%.
Downside risk has been below average. EFV has a draw down risk of -14.68%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 14.8%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 2/28/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $54.29, which is 0.6% below its 52-week high of $54.61 and 6.0% above its 52-week low of $51.24.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $2.60 billion, EFV maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Non-US Equity peers of just 0.40% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As EFV is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF is managed by Diane Hsiung at BlackRock Fund Advisors. This fund is one of 301 BlackRock Fund Advisors exchange-traded funds launched since 3/12/1996 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV