- Last Ratings Update:12/31/2014
- Price as of 12/31/2014 :$24.77
- Net Assets:$184.4 Million
- Peer Rank:8 of 40
- Investment Rating:D
We rate Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X at D. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Precious Metals strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X has returned an annual rate of 5.71% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 13.94% in the last three years, -42.37% in the last year, and 63.46% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 67% of them. It has also outpaced 1% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 12/31/2014. On a year to date basis, DUST has returned -42.37%.
Downside risk has been above average. DUST has a draw down risk of -87.55%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 121.5%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 12/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $24.77, which is 26.2% below its 52-week high of $33.56 and 18.9% above its 52-week low of $20.84.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $184.40 million, DUST maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Precious Metals peers of 0.92% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As DUST is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X is managed by Paul Brigandi at Rafferty Asset Management LLC. This fund is one of 54 Rafferty Asset Management LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 11/5/2008 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV