- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$3.32
- Net Assets:$333.1 Million
- Peer Rank:213 of 218
- Investment Rating:E-
We rate VelocityShares 3x Inv Nat Gas ETN at E-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Global Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to poor start in the last year. The VelocityShares 3x Inv Nat Gas ETN has returned an annual rate of -63.15% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -72.54% in the last year, 10.30% in the last six months, and -12.17% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 0% of them for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, DGAZ has returned -62.44%.
Downside risk has been above average. DGAZ has a draw down risk of -97.17%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 115.4%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $3.32, which is 72.7% below its 52-week high of $12.17 and 32.8% above its 52-week low of $2.50.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $333.10 million, DGAZ maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Global Equity peers of just 0.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As DGAZ is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The VelocityShares 3x Inv Nat Gas ETN is managed by a team at Credit Suisse AG. This fund is one of 14 Credit Suisse AG exchange-traded funds launched since 11/29/2010 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV