- Last Ratings Update:12/31/2014
- Price as of 12/31/2014 :$18.09
- Net Assets:$26.5 Million
- Peer Rank:19 of 40
- Investment Rating:E+
We rate First Trust ISE Global Copper Idx at E+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a short term portfolio management tenure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Precious Metals strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The First Trust ISE Global Copper Idx has returned an annual rate of -8.11% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -14.04% in the last three years, -17.03% in the last year, and -28.44% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 8% of them. It has also outpaced 9% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 12/31/2014. On a year to date basis, CU has returned -17.03%.
Downside risk has been above average. CU has a draw down risk of -47.82%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 24.8%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 12/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $18.09, which is 6.0% below its 52-week high of $19.25 and 7.4% above its 52-week low of $16.84.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $26.50 million, CU maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Precious Metals peers of 0.71% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As CU is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The First Trust ISE Global Copper Idx is managed by Daniel J. Lindquist at First Trust Advisors LP. This fund is one of 105 First Trust Advisors LP exchange-traded funds launched since 6/12/2003 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV