- Last Ratings Update:06/30/2014
- Price as of 06/30/2014 :$26.97
- Net Assets:$876.4 Million
- Peer Rank:39 of 117
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate BlackRock Energy & Resources at C+. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The BlackRock Energy & Resources has returned an annual rate of 9.91% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 17.77% in the last five years, 7.39% in the last three years, and 25.99% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 67% of them. It has also outpaced 46% of its competitors on a three year basis and 80% of them over the last year for the period ending 6/30/2014. On a year to date basis, BGR has returned 15.27%.
Downside risk has been below average. BGR has a draw down risk of -22.80%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 21.8%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 6/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $26.97, which is 0.2% below its 52-week high of $27.02 and 5.1% above its 52-week low of $25.67.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $876.40 million, BGR maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 1.25% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As BGR is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades