- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2014
- Price as of 01/31/2014 :$23.06
- Net Assets:$834.29 Million
- Peer Rank:46 of 118
- Investment Rating:C-
We rate BlackRock Energy & Resources at C-. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Energy/Natural Res strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The BlackRock Energy & Resources has returned an annual rate of 8.13% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 15.60% in the last five years, 0.96% in the last three years, and 4.98% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 53% of them. It has also outpaced 27% of its competitors on a three year basis and 57% of them over the last year for the period ending 1/31/2014. On a year to date basis, BGR has returned -5.10%.
Downside risk has been below average. BGR has a draw down risk of -28.50%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 21.7%. This fund has experienced a high level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 1/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $23.06, which is 7.7% below its 52-week high of $24.99 and 0.4% above its 52-week low of $22.96.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $834.29 million, BGR maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Energy/Natural Res peers of 1.29% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As BGR is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades