- Last Ratings Update:03/31/2015
- Price as of 03/31/2015 :$15.77
- Net Assets:$260.32 Million
- Peer Rank:145 of 291
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Morgan Stanley Asia Pacific Fund at C. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 94% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Non-US Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Morgan Stanley Asia Pacific Fund has returned an annual rate of 3.48% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 4.53% in the last five years, 6.06% in the last three years, and 5.45% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 31% of them. It has also outpaced 44% of its competitors on a three year basis and 51% of them over the last year for the period ending 3/31/2015. On a year to date basis, APF has returned 7.47%.
Downside risk has been below average. APF has a draw down risk of -13.96%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 13.2%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 3/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $15.77, which is 1.1% below its 52-week high of $15.95 and 1.9% above its 52-week low of $15.48.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $260.32 million, APF maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Non-US Equity peers of 1.31% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As APF is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV