- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$16.41
- Net Assets:$230.44 Million
- Peer Rank:110 of 293
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate Morgan Stanley Asia Pacific Fund at C+. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 94% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Non-US Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Morgan Stanley Asia Pacific Fund has returned an annual rate of 3.67% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 7.38% in the last five years, 8.92% in the last three years, and 11.20% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 36% of them. It has also outpaced 55% of its competitors on a three year basis and 69% of them over the last year for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, APF has returned 11.11%.
Downside risk has been below average. APF has a draw down risk of -13.96%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 13.2%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $16.41, which is 2.1% below its 52-week high of $16.77 and 3.7% above its 52-week low of $15.83.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $230.44 million, APF maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Non-US Equity peers of 1.32% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As APF is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV