- Last Ratings Update:03/31/2014
- Price as of 03/31/2014 :$8.39
- Net Assets:$1,079.6 Million
- Peer Rank:170 of 216
- Investment Rating:D
We rate Alpine Total Dynamic Dividend Fund at D. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high price volatility. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Global Equity strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks well below peers over the last three years. The Alpine Total Dynamic Dividend Fund has returned an annual rate of -6.81% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 4.94% in the last five years, -1.35% in the last three years, and 13.58% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 15% of them. It has also outpaced 21% of its competitors on a three year basis and 65% of them over the last year for the period ending 3/31/2014. On a year to date basis, AOD has returned 2.66%.
Downside risk has been above average. AOD has a draw down risk of -38.23%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 16.6%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 3/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $8.39, which is 1.5% below its 52-week high of $8.52 and 2.4% above its 52-week low of $8.19.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $1.08 billion, AOD maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Global Equity peers of 1.18% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AOD is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades