- Last Ratings Update:03/31/2015
- Price as of 03/31/2015 :$17.84
- Net Assets:$284.99 Million
- Peer Rank:19 of 29
- Investment Rating:C-
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at C-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 4.19% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 6.20% in the last three years, 2.91% in the last year, and 6.77% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 45% of them. It has also outpaced 44% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 3/31/2015. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned 7.68%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -18.20%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.4%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 3/31/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $17.84, which is 0.3% below its 52-week high of $17.90 and 4.6% above its 52-week low of $17.06.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $284.99 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 3.07% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV