- Last Ratings Update:01/31/2014
- Price as of 01/31/2014 :$18.07
- Net Assets:$290.82 Million
- Peer Rank:23 of 23
- Investment Rating:C-
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at C-. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to poor start in the last year. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 3.46% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of -0.79% in the last year, -2.04% in the last six months, and 1.38% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 45% of them for the period ending 1/31/2014. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned 0.39%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -21.44%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 7.8%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 1/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $18.07, which is 2.8% below its 52-week high of $18.60 and 1.6% above its 52-week low of $17.79.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $290.82 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 3.18% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades