- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$16.90
- Net Assets:$298.9 Million
- Peer Rank:7 of 27
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at C. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 2.34% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 8.68% in the last three years, -0.42% in the last year, and -2.64% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 48% of them. It has also outpaced 24% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned -0.85%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -16.87%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.9%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $16.90, which is 1.5% below its 52-week high of $17.15 and 0.8% above its 52-week low of $16.77.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $298.90 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 3.16% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV