- Last Ratings Update:12/31/2014
- Price as of 12/31/2014 :$16.63
- Net Assets:$293.6 Million
- Peer Rank:4 of 27
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a low price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks below peers over the last three years. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 2.13% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 7.36% in the last three years, -1.47% in the last year, and -4.13% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 46% of them. It has also outpaced 30% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 12/31/2014. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned -1.47%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -18.20%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.9%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 12/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $16.63, which is 2.5% below its 52-week high of $17.05 and 3.0% above its 52-week low of $16.15.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $293.60 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 2.47% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV