- Last Ratings Update:08/31/2014
- Price as of 08/31/2014 :$17.62
- Net Assets:$297.73 Million
- Peer Rank:7 of 25
- Investment Rating:C
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at C. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low price volatility. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 3.25% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 10.88% in the last three years, 2.42% in the last year, and -1.01% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 51% of them. It has also outpaced 16% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 8/31/2014. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned 1.07%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -13.53%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 10.0%. This fund has had a low level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 8/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $17.62, which is 0.2% below its 52-week high of $17.66 and 1.8% above its 52-week low of $17.30.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $297.73 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 3.00% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV