- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2013
- Price as of 11/30/2013 :$18.12
- Net Assets:$290.82 Million
- Peer Rank:22 of 23
- Investment Rating:D+
We rate Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc at D+. Negative factors that influence this rating include a high expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Loan Participation strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
New Fund off to good start in the last year. The Apollo Senior Floating Rate Fd Inc has returned an annual rate of 3.37% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 1.30% in the last year, -3.33% in the last six months, and -0.41% in the last three months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last year, it has outperformed 42% of them for the period ending 11/30/2013. On a year to date basis, AFT has returned 2.58%.
Downside risk has been below average. AFT has a draw down risk of -21.44%, which is the largest price decline experienced since the inception of the fund. This fund has a one year standard deviation of 8.6%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 12 months. As of 11/30/2013, the fund was trading at a price of $18.12, which is 0.9% below its 52-week high of $18.28 and 2.1% above its 52-week low of $17.74.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $290.82 million, AFT maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Loan Participation peers of 3.18% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As AFT is a closed end fund, it has no front end or back end load.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades