Looking For A Convenient Way To Get The Latest Movies?
11/02/10 - 06:35 PM EDT
Nov. 2, 2010
/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As of today, consumers can watch movies on almost 100 consumer electronic and mobile devices, thanks to BLOCKBUSTER On Demand®. With the addition of six new consumer electronics partners and seven devices this fall, BLOCKBUSTER On Demand consumers have even more options to get instant access to all the newest movies at home and on the go.
With BLOCKBUSTER On Demand, movie lovers get instant access to digital movies on the same day as DVD/Blu-ray. There are no monthly fees, and the service is available on PCs, laptops and almost 100 different Blu-ray players, smartphones, home theater systems, TVs, DVRs, digital media adapters and portable devices.
, BLOCKBUSTER On Demand's senior vice president and general manager, the BLOCKBUSTER On Demand service works seamlessly across different devices. Customers can rent or buy a movie on a smartphone and also watch the same movie on a Blu-ray player. They can also start watching a movie on a home theater and finish watching it on a connected TV in another room.
"We are passionate about making it easy for people to get the newest releases and all their favorite movies across an increasingly wide variety of devices from the entry-level to high-end," said Anderson. "We've launched with half a dozen new CE partners in recent weeks and continue to expand organically with existing partners. Customers know that Blockbuster always offers the latest greatest movies and our ongoing expansion shows that our partners appreciate the value that BLOCKBUSTER On Demand brings to their devices."
New Blu-ray device models supporting BLOCKBUSTER On Demand include the following models. Specific product details are available at
About Blockbuster Inc.
- Integra's high-end DBS-30.2 Blu-ray disc player features high-definition surround sound formats for Blu-ray, Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus decoding and is available through select custom installers.
- Integra's other high-end Blu-ray disc player, the DBS-50.2, offers full-feature Blu-ray Disc Play Back and a High Quality Video Scaler and is available through select custom installers.
- Magnavox's MB 5130 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with built-in wireless LAN, deep color support, SD card support and Energy Star 2.0 support.
- Onkyo's BD-SP808, a THX and DLNA 1.5 Certified Blu-ray Disc Player with a full array of state of the art technology, including Video On Demand, premium Marvel Qdeo™ video scaler, and studio-master quality Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ sound.
- Sylvania's NB620SL1, a Wi-Fi-enabled Blu-ray disc player, also comes equipped with built-in wireless LAN, deep color support, SD card support and Energy Star 2.0 support.
- Western Digital's
WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, a Full-HD 1080p media player with a 1 terabyte (TB) built-in network hard drive and the freedom to play personal media on any screen in the home.
- Yamaha's BD-A1000, designed to work with the Yamaha AVENTAGE line of components for maximum convenience, comes 3D ready and offers secondary video/audio for enhanced commentary.
Blockbuster Inc. is a leading global provider of rental and retail movie and game entertainment. The company provides customers with convenient access to media entertainment anywhere, any way they want it – whether in-store, by-mail, through vending kiosks or digitally to their homes and mobile devices. With a highly recognized brand and a library of more than 125,000 movie and game titles, Blockbuster leverages its multichannel presence to serve nearly 47 million global customers annually. The company may be accessed worldwide at
SOURCE Blockbuster Inc.