Google Added to Nasdaq 100
Google (GOOG) will lead a procession of Internet and software companies into the Nasdaq 100 when the index is reconstituted next week, the Nasdaq says.
Google will be joined by Expedia (EXPD), Cadence Design (CDNS), Activision (ATVI), RedHat (RHAT), Monster (MNST), Nvidia (NVDA), NII (NHID), Paterson-UTI (PTEN) and Urban Outfitters (URBN), CheckFree (CKFR) and Discovery Holdings (DISCA).
Coming out will be Molex (MOLX), Invitrogen (IVGN), Career Education (CECO), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Sanmina (SANM), Novellus (NVLS), Smurfit-Stone (SSCC), Intersil (ISIL), Level 3 (LVLT) , Qlogic (QLGC), Synopsys (SNPS) and Millennium Pharmaceuticals (MLNM).
The changes will take effect Dec. 19. The Nasdaq 100 is designed to comprise the largest and most liquid nonfinancial stocks on the Nasdaq. The addition of a stock to the group often creates buying interest in the market as mutual funds designed to mimic the index's performance add it to their portfolios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV