Nvidia's Quarter Helped by Ending Microsoft Dispute
Net income was 30 cents a share, compared with $76 million, or 43 cents a share, in the same period a year earlier. Revenue was $469 million, compared with $503.7 million in the year-ago quarter and $430.30 million in the prior quarter.
Nvidia's results were aided by the resolution of a disagreement over the pricing of chips for the Xbox, which accounts for 20% of its revenue. The company said the agreement added $40.4 million in revenue to its results for the quarter. Of those, $4.8 million in sales came in the fourth quarter and the rest from earlier quarters.
Wall Street had expected 6 cents per share in earnings on $427.58 million in revenue.For the full fiscal year ended Jan. 26, revenue was $1.91 billion, compared with $1.37 billion for the prior year. Net income for the year was $90.8 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with net income of $176.9 million, or $1.03 a share the prior year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial/First Call had expected 54 cents a share in earnings on revenue of $1.87 billion. Nvidia closed up 12 cents, or 1.2%, at $9.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV