Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Fiction of Clean Coal
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"Coal cannot be clean," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
When both presidential candidates tout "clean coal" as an answer to the nation's energy problems, they are indulging in "magical thinking," he said.He said the true promise of "clean coal" is to remove or at least reduce carbon dioxide emissions, but no company has that technology yet. He said such technology is anywhere from three to 10 years away. Meanwhile, he said, the smarter, more pragmatic approach would be to focus on incremental solutions to make coal cleaner. Specifically, he noted current technologies such as scrubbers and boilers, which can remove much of the sulfur, nitrogen and mercury from coal. He said the best play on cleaner coal technology is Foster Wheeler (FWLT), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. The company is a leader in coal fluidization boilers that can remove 95% of the sulfur from coal.
Cramer Interviews Petrohawk Energy CEO
Cramer: GM and Ford Are Lemons
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV