Microsoft calls their “cloud” file storage system SkyDrive. And today, it comes to Android devices in the form of a new app.
Even though Microsoft would like it a whole lot better if you were using a Windows Phone device – or a phone, tablet or computer running the upcoming Windows 8 OS they realize that it;s a good idea to offer a way for all those Android fans to take part in the fun.
As a matter of fact, the new SkyDrive Android app is a lot like their Windows Phone version. And, the iOS version for that other company's stuff.
The Android app's features will allow you to:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.
The SkyDrive for Android is free and available for downloading now from Google's Play Store.