- Vietnam Is Becoming the 'New China' With Foreign Manufacturers
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stock Jumps Today After Announcing Network Subscriber Milestone
- 20 Worst Cars of All Time
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Stock Continues to Rise Today on Takeover Speculation
- Stocks Close Out January With a Loss as Volatility Becomes the Norm
Calendar spreads are explained, and the CBOE offers real-time quotes.
Index put-buying falls out of favor as pros feel cushioned by the Fed.
It's getting tougher to pick the right option to play. Also, Cabletron speculation perks up.
Newbridge call-buyers end up on the losing side of its deal with Alcatel.
But there's still put-buying in some big Nasdaq names and on the vaunted QQQ.
A bull put spread sounds dangerous, but one hedge fund manager says it can help manage risk.
And hedging plays move toward special names.
AOL shares are some 35% off their levels before the proposed deal, which is feeding a few speculation strategies.
The Amsterdam exchange becomes the first European market to trade U.S. equity derivatives.
Monday's QQQ put-buyers are looking smart today.