- Audi A3 Diesel Could Be Ultimate Road-Trip Champion at 63 MPG
- 18 Gas-Guzzling SUVs That Will Cost You a Fortune to Drive
- Marvel Superhero Battle Pits Disney Against Fox and Sony
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Small-Cap Rebound, Avanir, Ohr, CytoSorbents
- Delta to Wall Street: Don't Tell Us How to Run Our Airline
The 304,000 level of jobless claims was below the 315,000 median expectation from a survey of forecasts compiled by MNI.
Initial jobless claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits fell by 2,000 claims to 312,000 in the June 21 week, the Labor Department reported Thursday.
The increase in the June 7 week marked the second straight week that jobless claims rose as the May 31 week was revised up, just slightly to 313,000.
The pace of new single-family home sales bounced back in April, rising 6.4% to a 433,000 seasonally adjusted annual rate the U.S. Census Bureau said in a report Friday.
The pace of new single-family home sales plummeted 14.5% in March to a 384,000 seasonally adjusted annual rate which is the slowest pace since July 2013.