This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Stocks Under $10 with 50-100% upside potential - 14 days FREE!

StockOptionsChannel.com

Stock Options Channel is a stock options research website, aimed at financial advisors and retail investors trying to maximize the opportunities in stock options and using puts and calls to gain yield on their investments. The site includes a number of ground-breaking features that allow investors to dig deeper into interesting stock options opportunities, including the site's proprietary YieldBoost ranking system. Each week we put out a free newsletter sharing the results of our YieldBoost rankings, and throughout each day we share even more detailed reports to subscribers to our premium service. On the CALLS side of the options chain, the YieldBoost formula looks for the highest premiums a call seller can receive (expressed in terms of the extra yield against the current share price - the boost - delivered by the option premium), with strikes that are out-of-the-money with low odds of the stock being called away. On the PUTS side of the options chain, the YieldBoost formula considers that the option seller makes a commitment to put up a certain amount of cash to buy the stock at a given strike, and looks for the highest premiums a put seller can receive (expressed in terms of the extra yield against the cash commitment - the boost - delivered by the option premium), with strikes that are out-of-the-money with low odds of the stock being put to the option seller.

StockOptionsChannel.com
By This Author:
Page 2 of 258

Commit To Purchase FuelCell Energy At $1.50, Earn 36.7% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Investors considering a purchase of FuelCell Energy Inc stock, but tentative about paying the going market price of $1.55/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the January 2017 put at the $1.50 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of 55 cents.

11:36AM 12/09/14

Commit To Purchase BioTime At $2.50, Earn 14.5% Annualized Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Investors considering a purchase of BioTime, Inc. shares, but tentative about paying the going market price of $3.26/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal.

11:34AM 12/09/14

YieldBoost Myers Industries From 3.1% To 20.9% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of Myers Industries Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2015 covered call at the $17.5 strike and collect the premium based on the 85 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 17.8% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 20.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

11:36AM 12/08/14

YieldBoost Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. To 6.7% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2015 covered call at the $70 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.90 bid, which annualizes to an additional 5.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 6.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

11:34AM 12/08/14

How To YieldBoost Pozen To 37.5% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of Pozen Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 19.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2015 covered call at the $12 strike and collect the premium based on the 90 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 18.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 37.5% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

11:32AM 12/08/14

How To YieldBoost NNBR From 1.4% To 15.6% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of NN, Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2015 covered call at the $22.50 strike and collect the premium based on the 85 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $22.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but NNBR shares would have to advance 8.5% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 12.6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

11:35AM 12/05/14

How To YieldBoost Spok Holdings From 3% To 12.8% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of Spok Holdings Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3% annualized dividend yield can sell the July 2015 covered call at the $17.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.8% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $17.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but SPOK shares would have to advance 5.9% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 12% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

11:52AM 12/03/14

YieldBoost GCAP To 15.4% Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Shareholders of Gain Capital Holdings Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the April 2015 covered call at the $10 strike and collect the premium based on the 50 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.8% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

11:32AM 12/03/14

Commit To Purchase Providence Service Corp At $30, Earn 9.8% Annualized Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Investors eyeing a purchase of Providence Service Corp shares, but tentative about paying the going market price of $36.60/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the June 2015 put at the $30 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of $1.65.

11:38AM 11/26/14

Commit To Purchase KEYW Holding Corp At $7.50, Earn 8.6% Annualized Using Options

By StockOptionsChannel.com

Investors eyeing a purchase of KEYW Holding Corp shares, but tentative about paying the going market price of $10.85/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the May 2015 put at the $7.50 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of 30 cents.

11:38AM 11/26/14

Page 2 of 258

Select the service that is right for you!

COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV

Markets

DOW 17,804.80 +26.65 0.15%
S&P 500 2,070.65 +9.42 0.46%
NASDAQ 4,765.38 +16.9840 0.36%

Brokerage Partners

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs