- The 8 States Most Likely to Legalize Marijuana Next
- Behind Russia's Current Crisis: It's Not the Ruble, It's Putin
- Would you invest in the U.S. Postal Service?
- Why Jim Cramer Says it Could be Too Late to Enter the Stock Market Rally Now
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Declining Today Amid Allegations of Poor Working Conditions in China
There have been all sorts of big surprises in the retail sector this year, and investors should expect more of the same next year.
The new stores, called Starbucks Reserve Roastery, are meant to be an upscale version of your neighborhood Starbucks.
'A number of our stores are simply in the wrong place and are often too large for our needs,' says CEO Eddie Lampert. 'Restoring these locations to profitability is unlikely.'
Lockers are another way to entice online shoppers.
Data on the holiday season has come in mixed. Should investors dump retail stocks as a result?
Macy's same-day delivery service is one of many innovations for the company. Brian Sozzi talks with Macy's chairman and CEO Terry Lundgren.
At Best Buy, holiday sales results this year may depend on investments made in employee training, especially in sales of complex tech gear.
Black Friday has morphed in Black November, with the likes of Walmart, Target, and Amazon bombing the email accounts of mobile phone lovers throughout the month regarding hot deals.
The pricier items shoppers were buying at Macy's on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday are a sign the U.S. economy is stronger than last year.
The resurgent department store J.C. Penney did well on Thanksgiving and 'feels busier' than last year, one store employee said.