- The 8 States Most Likely to Legalize Marijuana Next
- BlackBerry Is Finally Realizing Smartphones Aren't the Answer
- Express Scripts and AbbVie Drug-Pricing Deal Might Devastate Biotech Bull Market
- Dow 18,000: Why This Market Rally May Never Happen Again
- Gilead Sciences Is Not a Buy; It's Heading Lower on Price War: Jim Cramer
Second-marriage trusts set up an automatic point of conflict between a spouse and first-marriage children.
A new estate tax law introduces needed concepts. But its temporary nature prevents good planning.
Family loan interest rates are at an all-time low -- a paltry 0.32% for a loan of three years or less.
The $5 million exemption in a two-year compromise will have a huge impact on the number of taxable estates.
A plan debated by Congress would have reduced estate taxes by a significant amount.
You can give big gifts to the grandkids and get a two-thirds transfer-tax discount. But act fast.
The kids have graduated, the mortgage is paid off and you're sick of paying premiums. There are options.
Would be philanthropists have options, from bequests of IRAs to selling a painting from the attic.
Fears an impoverished spouse and nothing for the children provides a strong incentive to plan ahead.
It looks likely the U.S. will return to an estate tax policy affecting more Americans.