- Vietnam Is Becoming the 'New China' With Foreign Manufacturers
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stock Jumps Today After Announcing Network Subscriber Milestone
- 20 Worst Cars of All Time
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Stock Continues to Rise Today on Takeover Speculation
- Stocks Close Out January With a Loss as Volatility Becomes the Norm
U.S. Representative Mel Watt said Friday that he would delay recently announced increases in guarantee fees once he is sworn in, confirming expectations that the new director would be more likely to preserve the status quo at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
According to latest report from RealtyTrac, the share of cash sales remains large as lenders ramp up sales of repossessed homes.
The National Association of Realtors says sales of previously owned homes declined more than 4% in November.
According to a Zillow analysis, U.S. home values have recovered about 44% of the value lost since 2007.
The Federal Reserve has finally begun to taper bond purchases but outgoing Chairman Ben Bernanke cautioned that monetary policy remained highly accommodative.
The Census Bureau releases long-awaited housing data for September, October and November.
KBW analysts expect mortgage origination volumes to fall to $1.15 trillion on the back of a drop-off in refinance activity.
The National Association of Homebuilders/Wells Fargo Sentiment Index rose more than expected
As many as 6.4 million borrowers remained underwater in the third quarter, according to the latest report from CoreLogic.
Under the plan being contemplated, the statutory maximum loan limit for one-unit properties would drop to $400,000 from $417,000.