- Vietnam Is Becoming the 'New China' With Foreign Manufacturers
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stock Jumps Today After Announcing Network Subscriber Milestone
- 20 Worst Cars of All Time
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Stock Continues to Rise Today on Takeover Speculation
- Stocks Close Out January With a Loss as Volatility Becomes the Norm
Industrial companies have started to reported some impressive earnings this week, but are still down on the year.
There are several positions that catch our eye.
Action Alerts PLUS has been buying into it.
Energy stocks have suffered losses as the underlying commodity continues to slide, but there is a bright side to that with consumer-friendly prices at the pump.
General Motors stock is down 20% YTD, but Stephanie Link, Co-Portfolio Manager of Action Alerts Plus, says she likes it for a long-term, value trade because of the product cycle.
August Internet use and mobile data showed that Facebook continues to be strong.
Stephanie Link, Co-Portfolio Manager of Action Alerts Plus, says McDonald’s is the latest pick in her blog, LinkOnTheStreet, due to many fundamental factors, it is not a short-term trade.
The stock seems to have bottomed in the low $90s.
Stephanie Link has been positive on the Residential/Non-Residential Construction theme for 2014 and into 2015, particularly non-residential, as the overall domestic economy continues to improve.
Twitter is the latest initiation in Action Alerts Plus, even as the stock hit a 52-week high.