- The 8 States Most Likely to Legalize Marijuana Next
- Behind Russia's Current Crisis: It's Not the Ruble, It's Putin
- Would you invest in the U.S. Postal Service?
- Why Jim Cramer Says it Could be Too Late to Enter the Stock Market Rally Now
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Declining Today Amid Allegations of Poor Working Conditions in China
The Dow overall rises, but GM drops more than 20%.
The Dow closes Monday down 155.88 points, or 1.8%, at 8418.77.
Stocks on Wall Street rise Friday as most banks and other financials advance following the results of the government's stress tests.
On a percentage basis, Bank of America and Citigroup had the best days.
I don't know who's controlling the information these days, but the findings, or at least the alleged findings, of these government stress tests has been handled about as sloppily as anything I can remember.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes down 16.09 points, or 0.2%, at 8410.65.
Bank of America and American Express rise on the Dow Monday.
After slipping last week, the industrials rose for the seventh time in eight weeks.
If you are a company that has received government aid, you must never let your name appear in a newspaper headline anywhere near the word 'bonus' or 'payments.' Citigroup didn't do this.
IBM is one of the better performers, but Bank of America trades lower.