- 20 Worst Cars of All Time
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stock Jumps Today After Announcing Network Subscriber Milestone
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Stock Continues to Rise Today on Takeover Speculation
- Vietnam Is Becoming the 'New China' With Foreign Manufacturers
- Buy Caterpillar Stock, Collect Its Strong Dividend, Hold for the Long Term
These 22 companies are the strongest life insurers in America.
Some of the biggest life insurance companies might suffer as defaults rise on commercial mortgage-backed securities.
Some companies have been hit by losses but still carry some of the top ratings.
Variable annuity holders who bought the products based on unrealistic expectations have been hammered. TheStreet.com lays out what to look for.
The 25 most financially sounds auto insurers have at least one thing in common: A dedication to conservative underwriting and investment practices.
The Hartford shares plummeted more than 29% Friday, after the insurer slashed its dividend and offered no news about its government bailout application.
Life insurance regulators' surprise rejection late Thursday of industry proposals to relax capital and surplus requirements is a win for policyholders, but could have a damaging effect on stocks in the sector.
Allstate shares fell more than 20% Thursday after the insurer reported a $1.1 billion fourth-quarter loss and announced 1,000 job cuts.
U.S. property/casualty insurers are expected to pay out $25.2 billion in 2008 property losses, the fourth highest annual total in a decade, according to new data.
Life insurers saw $26 billion of their capital and surplus take a hit from the shaky stock market during the first nine months of 2008, TheStreet.com Ratings found.