- As China Slows Down, the Philippines Moves to Grab Foreign Investment
- Why Obamacare Subsidies Should Be Struck Down by the Supreme Court
- MannKind's Afrezza Earns Lackluster Review from Independent Drug Arbiter
- Shale Oil Bust Enters Phase Two, Led by Hercules and SandRidge
- Comcast Wants Congress to Gut the New Net Neutrality Rules
The consumer is still alive and spending.
Thursday's retail sales reports should show gains, but they won't be exceptional.
Shares have further to fall after the retailer's rare misstep.
Ignore the stock's jump; a turnaround is still far off.
Though earnings were strong, the retailer's weak traffic could signal tough times ahead.
Once again, forecasts of the consumer's demise have been proved wrong.
The retailer offsets a comps drop by cutting costs, but trouble looms if demand keeps waning.
The retailer soothes fears with impressive sales and margins.