Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: High on Clearwire
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Craig McCaw, the "greatest moneymaker" in the telecom sector, is coming out with an initial public offering next week that market players should try to get a piece of, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
He likes Clearwire, which is set to come public on the Nasdaq under the symbol CLWR, not only because it has a great technology but also because he is convinced by the "great man" behind the company.McCaw has an "incredible track record," and history shows that putting money into his ventures has made people mad money, Cramer said. McCaw can recognize a good new technology early on, he said. And with Clearwire -- his "next big show" -- McCaw sees a promising future for WiMax, the company's technology. Although some of his ventures have been disappointing, Cramer said that even one of his biggest failures could have made people a fortune if they had been careful about profit-taking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV